Invite people to your team with just a link, autoplay videos + gifs, update your channel structure, and more.
Last week was a big week. We launched, got lots of tweets, feature requests, and bug reports — and we couldn't be happier. Here's (some) of what's new in the last week!
- Can now generate a shareable invite link to teams.
Settings → Team → Members → Public Invite Link
- Can now choose to autoplay videos and gifs.
Settings → Always autoplay videos and GIFs
- Can now change the nesting of channels.
- Can now start a thread directly from a message.
... → Create Thread... or
Right click → Create thread... on any message.
- Fixed an issue where images wouldn't always zoom when clicked.
- Fixed an issue where you could sometimes end up with duplicate link URLs as you were typing a message.
- Can now re-generate expired invites, and expired invites are now marked as such.
- Fixed a rendering issue where team members would be labeled as guests in private channels.
- Fixed an issue where name changes sometimes wouldn't update in real-time.
- Fixed an issue where
mark all as read wouldn't, well, always mark all activity as read.
- Fixed an issue where the
archive action sometimes wouldn't show when selecting both archived an unarchived activity.
- Fixed an issue where you could attempt to nest a channel under itself.
- Fixed an issue where preferences would move around as permissions were updated.
- Fixed an issue where scaling the interface using
⌘- would cause popovers to not render correctly.
- Fixed an issue where presence wouldn't always update immediately when moving between threads.
- Fixed the size of the close button in all modals.
- Fixed an issue where when starting a new conversations over SMS, you could incorrectly become rate limited.
- Fixed an issue where instead of the
add user to channel/thread button, you'd see just your own avatar.
- Fixed an issue where the verification of domain-restricted invite links was too strict, causing issues with some TLDs.
- Can now select your own email and name in settings.
- Can now tap and hold email address in settings.
- Can now join teams via a public invite link on iOS.
@-mentions are now rendered correctly in activity.
- Fixed an issue where pasting videos or vCards didn't work as expected.
- Fixed an issue on iPad where user info popovers could be empty.
- Fixed an issue where tapping a pending invite could crash the app.
- Fixed an issue where copying a link to a group could result in malformed URL.
- Fixed an issue where if you changed your name to an empty space (
), the app would become very unhappy.
- Fixed an issue where inviting users could sometimes just show an endless spinner.
- Can now join teams via a public invite link on Android.
- Fixed an issue when long-pressing a message that contained a URL.
- Correctly reflect real-time preference changes from other devices.
- Fixed an issue when favorites were empty.
- Fixed an issue when trying to tap certain Quill links.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't tap guest threads.