August 2021 — v1.118 Improved Permissions
Create, configure, and set granular permissions with roles.
As teams scale and grow, there's often a need to control who can see and change what. We just shipped the first version of our permissions refactor: the ability to create, configure, and assign roles to anyone on your team. In Quill, go to
Settings → [Team] → Members to start creating and configuring roles!
- With Channel and Thread invite links, you can now add people to conversations with just a link.
- Redesigned members popover for channels, threads and groups.
- Redesigned new team flow with many more customization options.
- When you get invited to a team, you now see who sent you the invite.
+ button now shows you options of what you can create, rather than only starting a direct message or group.
- The sidebar now shows you how many unread conversations are in your activity.
- Results in the command bar (
cmd+k) now take into account if you've recently opened a result.
- Reactions now have handy little tooltips across the app describing which reaction was used.
- More recent emoji are now shown in the emoji selector and now sync across devices.
- Fixed an issue where integrations could not be disabled when hitting your max integrations count on the free plan.
- Guests can now leave threads via the thread context menu.
- Fixed an issue where call messages would sometimes show the incorrect number of participants.
New & Improved
- Recent emoji now sync across devices.
- Pending invites now show up in the activity tab.
- Can now send custom emoji in messages.
- Various fixes & improvements to accepting invites.
- Fixed an issue where certain links would pop the navigation stack instead of opening in the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the tab bar can sometimes appear in video calls.
- Fixed an issue with tab bar icon padding on iPad.
New & Improved
- Channel detail view now allows you to add/remove guests.
- Fixed various bugs.